Wayside Recovery Center’s mission is to break the cycle of addiction and trauma for women, children and families.
For over 60 years Wayside Recovery Center has protected and empowers women and their families to live their best life. Today we are a leading provider of comprehensive care for women with substance use disorder, trauma and mental health needs. We also provide children and family services to stabilize the whole family.
“Wayside saved my life!! It is a wonderful program, with wonderful staff and resources! I will be forever grateful.” −Wayside Client
Join Our Team!
By joining the Wayside team, you will become part of an ethical, compassionate, innovative team that works together to empower women, children and families in our community. Wayside is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply.
We are looking for an employee who is:
- Passionate for our mission.
- Client focused.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Calm under pressure.
- A problem solver.
We want to empower you with:
- Platinum benefits package available: Health, Dental, Vision.
- Company paid long term and short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Generous paid time-off.
- Educational advancement: tuition reimbursement, tuition discounts, student loan forgiveness, paid supervision for licensing.
- Retirement savings plan with employer match.
To provide individual and group counseling services following 245G guidelines in a co-occurring, residential and nonresidential, substance use disorder treatment program that serves diverse women.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Effectively manage a case load of women with co-occurring disorders.
- Provide direct services to clients including interviewing clients, assessment, treatment/aftercare planning, individual and group counseling, and monitoring/evaluating client progress.
- Facilitate counseling and didactic groups; educational groups; conduct family meetings when possible.
- Participate in bi-weekly multidisciplinary staff meetings.
- Maintain accurate, timely and complete records, including but not limited to: documenting client assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, continuing care plans and discharge summaries.
- Maintain on-going communication with referral sources, including written progress reports and phone communication.
- Role model behavior, which is consistent with and supportive to people in recovery from substance use disorders. Such behavior will include upholding ethical standards, reliable attendance and adhering to the mission of Wayside Recovery Center.
- Attend commencements and client events as scheduled.
- Be on-call on a rotating schedule.
- Identify available resources and refer clients to appropriate community services.
- Facilitate client access to community resources.
- Serve as a liaison to and/or provide in-services to substance use disorder and other related community service agencies as directed.
- Train and/or supervise interns as directed.
- Participate in in-services, workshops, coursework, and other continuing education relative to quality client care.
- Provide crisis intervention/evaluation as needed.
- Participate in on-site clinical supervision a minimum of twice monthly.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Must be free from problematic substance use for at least two years immediately preceding their hiring and must sign a statement attesting to that fact.
- LADC with license in good standing or ADC-t or dual licensed with mental health licensure or pre-licensure (LAMFT/LMFT, LGSW/LICSW, LPC/LPCC). Preference will be given to candidate with experience with mental health and trauma-informed care.
- Three to five years clinical experience desirable.
- Must be able to pass DHS background study and be free of communicable disease.
- Demonstrated ability to time manage and work effectively with women of diverse economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Organizational and excellent computer skills essential.
- Microsoft Outlook/Office experience required.
- Need current Minnesota driver’s license with good driving record.
- No DWIs in last three years; No more than three moving violations/accidents in past three years.
- Strong attention to detail; thinking capabilities and humor are welcome.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to be responsive in an effective manner, while maintaining a warm and supportive atmosphere.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Understanding of HIPPA and Mandated Reporting laws.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be able to lift 25 lds.
DOQ - $1500 hiring bonus after six month of employment
Wayside Women’s Treatment Center
3705 Park Center Blvd
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
Full-Time (40 hours) Monday-Friday, with some evening availability. Ability to be on an on-call rotation and to have a flexible schedule.
This position is eligible for Platinum Benefit Package including medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, vision, ID theft protection, retirement plan with 4% match after one year of employment, flexible spending accounts for dependent care/medical savings, educational assistance programs for degrees and continuing education, license reimbursement, paid supervision for licensing, paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Wayside Recovery Center is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.