This position assists clients with their daily functions.
Responsibilities and Additional Duties:
- Be available to clients seeking guidance or support, as well as responding appropriately to identify needs.
- Supervise client activities. Respond to emergencies and effectively manage crisis. Record pertinent client data.
- Monitor health needs of clients; supervise clients in self-administration of prescribed medication.
- Assist with tasks associated with clients arriving and leaving Wayside Recovery Center. Assist in various programs, as needed. Collect urine specimens for drug screens. Complete required paperwork at admission and discharge.
- Role model behavior that is consistent with and supportive to people in recovery from substance use disorder. Such behavior will include upholding ethical standards of the program and reliable attendance.
- Maintain confidential client records. Perform other routine support tasks, including filing, photocopying, and answering telephones.
- Shift-specific Tasks: Overnight shift – awake overnight, secure building and set alarm. Day and Evening shifts – provide transportation to clients in Wayside Recovery Center vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned.
Recovery Advocates (RA) must be free from problematic substance use for at least two years immediately preceding their hiring and must sign a statement attesting to that fact.
- Knowledge and experience in the field of substance use disorder and/or mental health.
- Trained Medication Aide (TMA) preferred.
- Microsoft Outlook/Office experience required.
- High School Diploma required; some college preferred.
- Good driving record and current driver’s license required.
- No DWIs in last three years; No more than three moving violations/accidents in past three years.
- Must be able to pass DHS background study and be free of communicable disease.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexible schedule.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to be responsive in an effective manner, while maintaining a warm and supportive atmosphere.
- Must value diversity and be able to relate well and enjoy working with women and children of diverse economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
COMPENSATION: $15.00 per hour.
Wayside Family Treatment Center
2120 Clinton Avenue S
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Saturday-Sunday, 7am-3pm (16 hours per week).
This position is not eligible for benefits.
Wayside Recovery Center is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance. We encourage individuals from historically underserved populations to apply for this position.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employment .