Wayside Recovery Center’s mission is to break the cycle of addiction and trauma for women, children and families.
For over 60 years Wayside Recovery Center has protected and empowers women and their families to live their best life. Today we are a leading provider of comprehensive care for women with substance use disorder, trauma and mental health needs. We also provide children and family services to stabilize the whole family.
“Wayside saved my life!! It is a wonderful program, with wonderful staff and resources! I will be forever grateful.” − Wayside Client
Join Our Team.
By joining the Wayside team, you will become part of an ethical, compassionate, innovative team that works together to empower women, children and families in our community. Wayside is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diverse candidates to apply.
We are looking for an employee who is:
- Passionate for our mission.
- Client focused.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Calm under pressure.
- A problem solver.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be available to clients seeking guidance or support, as well as responding appropriately to identify needs.
- Supervise client activities. Respond to emergencies and effectively manage crisis. Record pertinent client data.
- Monitor health needs of clients; supervise clients in self-administration of prescribed medication.
- Assist with tasks associated with clients arriving and leaving Wayside. Assist in various programs, as needed. Collect urine specimens for drug screens. Complete required paperwork at admission and discharge.
- Role model behavior that is consistent with and supportive to people in recovery from chemical dependency. Such behavior will include upholding ethical standards of the program and reliable attendance.
- Maintain confidential client records. Perform other routine support tasks, including filing, copying/scanning/faxing, and answering telephones.
- Shift-specific Tasks: Overnight shift – awake overnight, secure building and set alarm. Day and Evening shifts – provide transportation to clients in Wayside vehicles.
- Must be free from problematic substance use for at least two years immediately preceding their hiring and must sign a statement attesting to that fact.
- Knowledge and experience in the field of substance use disorders and/or mental health.
- Trained Medication Aide (TMA) preferred.
- Microsoft Outlook/Office experience required.
- High School Diploma required; some college preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Good driving record and current driver’s license required
- No DWIs in last three years; No more than three moving violations/accidents in past three years.
- Must be able to pass DHS background study and be free of communicable disease.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexible schedule.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to be responsive in an effective manner, while maintaining a warm and supportive atmosphere.
- Must value diversity and be able to relate well and enjoy working with women and children of diverse economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
COMPENSATION: $15.00 per hour.
LOCATION: Wayside Family Treatment Center.
Monday, Tuesday – 4 pm to 9:30 pm and Saturday, Sunday – 3:30 pm to 10 pm (24 hours).
BENEFITS: This position is not eligible benefits.
See more information on us at https://waysiderecovery.org/
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Wayside Recovery Center is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.